Friday 26 February 2010

Best Blog Comments Award


Rue of Rue and Hyssop and Inannasstar of Ramblings of a Domestic Goddess have both given me a Best Blog Comments Award! I am truly appreciative of this -- thanks so much, you lovely bloggin' gals! I have a few comments about comments, so to speak, but first -- the rules of this award.

1. Link back to the blog/blogger who nominated you.
2. Paste the picture of the award into your post.
3. Nominate other bloggers who you think deliver great comments to your blog.
4. Email/post/tweet or do whatever you need to do to inform these bloggers that they have been nominated.

When I first started reading blogs three or four years ago, I was a classic lurker. I never left comments. In fact, I didn't even know how. But once I started my own blog, I soon realized how important comments are. They let you know that someone is actually reading your stuff. You're not just babbling to yourself in cyberspace!

It's hard when you first start blogging and no one leaves comments. I still remember the thrill of receiving my first one! OMG, someone out there had actually read my blathering! Squeeeee!

So now I make a point of trying to leave a comment on many posts that I read. And I'm always grateful for each and every comment that is left on my blog. Thank you all very much! I enjoy reading them immensely.

For this award, I'd like to nominate four bloggers who often leave comments on my blog that make me laugh out loud at their quirky wit. Check out their blogs if you like writers with an extra-good sense of humour!

Corey James at Madtexter

Jackiesue at Yellowdog Granny

Eternally Distracted at Eternally Distracted

Elly at Bugginword

17 comments:

brandi said...

~happy award for you...and truly so well deserved...you are one of my favorites as i never know what you are going to come up with...pure sunshine are you...brightest blessings and congrats to those that you passed this award on to~

Patsy said...

Congratulations! Commenting is as important to me as blogging. :o)

Me said...

So deserved sweets!!!

mxtodis123 said...

Your comments have certainly brightened my day since I joined blogland. Congratulations.
Mary

C said...

Well done hun and well deserved. You were the first to comment on my blog and I felt truely blessed that someone was interested. I too have been a lurker but now know its fantastic to share the love :)
)0( Crystal x

BugginWord said...

You are a stellar commenter. I'm so humbled to win this award. Especially since I didn't comment on the last post even though I laughed maniacally. I still have that chartreuse vision burned onto my retinas. Thanks pookie. I'm also assuming this means there are no limits to just how inappropriate I can be on your sweet and esoteric blog. Game on!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Bring it!

Laura said...

Congratulations Debra...I'm always so happy when I see you've left a comment in my in box:)

yellowdoggranny said...

thanks so much my friend..I love leaving comments..and getting them..go to all that trouble to pour yourself into a post and then not know if anyone read it or cared about what you said..because they didn't comment..awful!..ha
so I always make it a point to comment..and appreciate this award more than any I have received yet. thanks..

jaz@octoberfarm said...

way to go! you soooo deserve it!!!

Beatnheart said...

Thank you for your comment Debra who is so supportive....The photo didn't show the pink one next to the yellow one...beautiful color and the smell...heaven...again thanks for your continuting support and comments..Cynthia

Fire Byrd said...

Seen your name at Cynthia's so thought I'd pop over.
I agree comments are lovely to get. And sometimes difficult to understand when someone suddenly stops commenting.
BTW thousands of years ago I had my honeymoon in Boscastle.

Rue said...

I always love your witty comments. Wish you could bottle that wit and sell it - I'd order a double batch!

Holly Renee said...

Comments are a delight. I love reading other people's blogs and commenting is such a good way to repay them for sharing. Looks like you get the blue ribbon in commenting. Good for you!!!

-Holly Renee
http://loveimaginecreate.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Cheers ears... lovely jubbly award. Congratulations to you for receiving it first but I'm the current holder now Misses... yep, yep, yep!!

Miss Robyn said...

I love every single comment you leave me.. your words are always, always very wise.. and especially the past week or so, you have helped me tremendously with the support and loving comments.. I have printed them out and take them with me when I go to the Drs appts. xo

Rose - Watching Waves said...

I always look forward to your comments, too! There's usually some interesting thought in them for me to chew on and I love that. I enjoy reading here and being read by you!