Thursday 23 April 2009

Fact # 4


4. I have virtually no athletic ability.

I cannot run, skate, throw, jump, kick or do any other thing requiring physical skill or endurance. When I was a kid at school, I was always picked third-last for sports teams (believe it or not, there were two other kids who were even worse at sports than me, the poor bastards). Nor do I really understand the point of sports or physical exercise. It's always been a mystery to me why people would want to spend their precious, precious leisure time engaging in such activities.

On the other hand, I do have very good hand-eye coordination. So I'm not bad at pseudo-sports like shooting pool, which does not require any real athletic skill. Consequently I've invested a fair amount of time in becoming a decent pool player. Als0, it gave me something to do when I was young and hanging out at the local lesbian bar hoping to meet chicks. There's only three ways to pass time at a gay bar -- drink, dance or shoot pool. I'm not much of a drinker or dancer, so that left only one thing. Hence, my pool prowess today.

3 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

So what would be your pool hustler name? I guess mine would be Amarillo Fats.

Haley @ Iridescent Dark said...

I love playing pool! Awesome.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great, Haley -- the more, the merrier!

Travis, just call me Stick Shootin' Momma!